Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fear and Survival


An interesting thing happened the other day. I noticed that I was starting to loss my touch. The fear that I once struck into the hearts of my enemies was gone. They did not seem to care that I was perched in my window barking. It started with the squirrel. He walked all over my lawn burring his nuts.

Then the crows came. And once again they did not even flinch. I was starting to loss it to the point that I had to take a power nap to recover. During the nap it hit me! winter is coming and these animals need to start gather food and fatting up. They do not care that I am in guard mode. They only care about surviving. Fear of me is not as bad as fear of not eating, hens surviving.

The moral of this story is that we are, for the most part, spoiled with our in door heating and cooling and our snacks o'plenty. We need to be greatfull. Share the wealth. If the humans are not going to eat the butt of the bread, toss it outside for the birds. If you are not going to finish your snack, u.s. mail them to me, care of Russell : )

8 comments:

Davis, o nosso shar pei said...

Hello Russell!Olá!Sabes português!!!Estou surpreendido!You do have a lot of animals in your lawn.That's fun!(My humble opinion!)Aufff!

Joe Stains said...

Mom threw the butt of the bread outside once and then five minutes later Tanner was bringing it back inside and eating it.

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

That is so very observant of you, Russell! We are spoiled being inside where it is warm/cold & where we have food, & a comfy place to curl up. Oh the perils that I endured when I was loose in Philadelphia wifout a home, I shudder to think about it then, nor will I talk about any of it! But that was before Mapaw & mommy & daddy adopting me. There is noplace like home.
-Cosmos-

Sophie Brador said...

Russell, You amaze me with your wisdom. I very rarely do not finish my snacks, but should it ever happen, you get first dibs.

xo
SB

p.s. Is Canada Post okay?

Randi said...

Hi Russell..most of the time I finish everything that is given to me..I'm not much for wild game of the outdoors..but should any bacon or treats or frosty paws be left..I'll certainly send them your way....I suppose same day delivery is necessary..

Love & Licks,
Randi

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Russell,
You are so observant.. I bet you make a great guard pup. Yes, I agree that we are so lucky to have food literally given to us at meantimes (even though it might not be frequent enough in my humble opinion..)..

Stanley said...

Hey, Russell!

Thanks for the reminder. I know *I've* got it good, and I'm grateful... even for my little sissy.

Goob love,
Stanley

david santos said...

Thanks for posting, nice dogs, have a good day