Friday, October 26, 2007

Shar Pei Fun Facts - Part 2


In the time of the Han Dynasty, 206 B.C. ~ A.D. 220, clay figurines resembling a dog have been found in numerous burial sites. Similar depictions have been found in period art work. Historians speculate that these "tomb dogs" are possibly the ancestors of the Shar-Pei due to the brow wrinkles shown on the statue and the curled tail, height and build depicted in early artwork.

Someday when I pass I am going to be barried with an elmo doll just to mess with future historians : )

3 comments:

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hi-Woo Russell,
Glad to know more facts about yur breed.
-Cosmos-

Ruby Bleu said...

Elmo, huh? I see you more as a cookie monster kind of guy...

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Stanley said...

Russell,

I love the way you think, man. I think I'll be buried with a Ken Doll.

Goober love,
Stanley