Tuesday, October 2, 2007

End of Summer Blues


A wise man once said that the only time pups want to listen to the Beach Boys is at the beginning of the summer when they are waiting for summer to start and at the end of the summer when they are not ready for it to be over. This got me thinking, as I was browsing the itunes store via wifi on my oh-so-cool iPod Touch. For some reason I was cruising the Brazilian section, listening to Ceu and Bebel Gilberto. I love Brazilian music. It is sassy feel good music. But it is clear, summer is over and I was not quite ready.

This got me thinking... Do other pups feel the way I do? Do other pups get the end of summer blues? Do other pup listen to basanova music to compensate?


Dear Me, Please read above... any idea?

I know... SOCKS!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ya know we LOVE the end of summer here because we cant go outside in the summer because its 390 bazillion degrees. Our winter is like most people's summer, we are lucky like that I suppose. You don't have to shovel heat!

Lorenza said...

HI, Russell
Like Joe said, here the summer is toooo hot! And the fall and winter is pretty nice!
I am sure the music will make you feel better!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Ruby Bleu said...

hey russy...
sorry your so sad, but here in Sacoftomatoes it gets pretty darn hot so I'm happy to be done with it. Added bonus, I get my fireplace turned on and to snuggle under the covers with my Mom---woot!

Lots of Licks, ruby

Sophie Brador said...

Russell, I love bossanova. Mostly because my mom dances to bossanova when she makes pancakes.... and when she cleans the house.

Hey, did I tell you? There's a Russell in my dog park!!!!! Except his name isn't Russell. It;s something French ... Boo Boo, or something. He's pretty cute.

xo
SB

Jen and Suki said...

OMD socks cure all that ills ya.

I'm not sure how I feel about summer being over though. I've only been alive since May. I'll let you know next year! Ah, ignorant bliss.

The Army of Four said...

Wooo, Russell:
I love to listen to old Sergio Mendes music - does that count? I like a lot of the sort of Brazilian jazz no matter the time of year. And bagpipes.
Luv,
Dave