Friday, September 28, 2007

iPod Touch Review


iLove My iPod iTouch.

I have now had my new iPod Touch for 12 hours and I am overjoyed. It is the bestest iPod to date.

Russell's cool tools Rating system;
1 snack = no good
5 snacks = mostest bestest

Wow factor: 5
The interface is sick. Not in a "I need to go outside and eat grass", but in a "damn! this is hot!" The attention to detail is pawsome.

Usability: 4.5
As always, Apple is the standard in ease of use. Even a cat could navigate around. I did deduct .5 snacks for the small touch interface for entering text. My paws are not huge but i found myself miss keying...

Features: 3
This is a conditional 3. There is a scaled down set of feature verses the iPhone. For example, you can not edit calendar entries. Why would you pull features as basic as this? The core hardware and software are the same as the iPhone, they just choose to limit some functions. I assume that this is a business decision because of product placement verse the iPhone and its contacts with AT&T. If Apple opens the tools up, the iPod Touch would get an 11 out of 5 from me.

On another note, the wifi web browsing is crazy cool. enough said.

Got to go, my iPod Touch is calling me.

3 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Russell...
Congrats on the iTouch. Hey, you're a smart pup, I would imagine you could hack the iTouch and get everything you want on it - hee, hee, hee. Now I'm not saying to do that of course. But let's just say my Mom just might be able to hook you up, ok?

Have fun? Do you have your playlist set up yet?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Woo,
You have a great new thingee to play wif.
-Cosmos-

Joe Stains said...

now you made my Mom want one!