Friday, August 31, 2007

Have you every had a song stuck in your head?

"Russ, Have you every got a song stuck in your head? I can not get Whip it by Devo out of my head, please help!"

I once heard of this haunting condition referred to as having an earworm. I checked and there are no pills you can take for this, like Heartgard. The only vaccine that works for me is what I call my mind scrubber songs. I have a set of songs that I listen to in an attempt to override the menacing song hooks. Sometimes it works other times I have to just let it take its course, depending of how powerful your earworm is…

We all have songs that curse our ears and brains. Below is my list. In the process of typing the list up, I awoke the daemon songs causing me lyrical pain.

Top 10 Songs that get Stuck In My Head

10. It’s a small world
9. Gimme a break – Snickers commercial
8. I’m Bringing Sexy Back
7. Mission Impossible Theme
6. Jam On It.. Jam ja jam ja jam on it…
5. Punk Rock Girl
4. Hey Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind.
3. I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs – Chilli’s
2. Too Many Puppies – Primus
1. Once in a lifetime – Talking Heads

You may find yourself wanting frosty paws
And you may find yourself chasing your tail
And you may find yourself making up lyrics for hours
And you may find yourself …..

2 comments:

Stanley said...

Russell,
I almost didn't read your list for fear of the earworm infestation. I run around in circles trying to distract myself, but it only seems to whip the earworm int a frenzy.

But this time, alas, I have escaped unscathed. (I used an old AireGoob mind technique to block out all desire to repeat anything I read).

Thanks for trying to torture us by sharing your pain.

Your goob bud,
Stanley

Ruby Bleu said...

Gee Thanks Russell...
Now I have an earworm!!! Have a great weekend!

Lots of Licks, Ruby