Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Shar Pei Fun Facts - Part 1


Shar-Pei when translated means "sand-skin" or "shark skin."

Shar-Pei is believed to have a common origin with the Chow-Chow because of the blue-black mouths and tongues

It was believed in ancient times that the dark mouth, exposed when barking, helped to ward off evil spirits

The coat when stroked against the grain may be abrasive, producing a burning, itching sensation

Shar Pei's where also called Chinese Fighting Dogs. But in China any dog that protects property is called a fighting dog

More to follow...

PS I am Fun and that is a fact.

5 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Russell...
I feel so smart now...at least about Shar Pei's!!! I can't wait for part 2...I sure hope the sequel is as good!

Hey, so is your tongue blue? Can I see a picture of that???

Lots of Licks, Ruby

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Thanx for educating me on Shar Pei's. Looking forward to the next chapter. My mommy luves yur wrinkles.
-Cosmos-

SpillToJill said...

I love sharpeis!

Nice Blog:)

-jill
www.ourfurryfamily.blogspot.com/

Stanley said...

Russell,

I believe you, man. You are FUN.

Now that that is established, tell us more about the Sharpei. I believe in Mandarin the name is Sha pi (sand skin). Very cool.

Can't wait for more!

Goob love,
Stanley

Patty Nason said...

Thanks for the info on the Shar Peis! I have one myself, and love her so much. She's a riot. Is Russell on Dogster.com? We could use a Shar Pei answer dog like him...

Woof!